Saturday, January 18, 2014

Urban Vibe Chic New Feature


Picture
A Creative SisStar


Hello Sis,
We've had such a great response on our first feature for the month of January, we decided to add another feature on a very creative and humble SisStar.  Sheeba Chastang is the creative designer and owner of Urban Vibe Chic, which was started back in 2007.
I was looking for a fellow yarn and needle diva to connect with and was introduced to Sheeba a couple of years ago.  Sheeba and I share a love for the art of crochet and a love for seeing unity with other women. The first time I spoke to Sheeba she greeted me as “SiS” and I have adored her ever since.

Now let’s get to know Sheeba Chastang and Urban Vibe Chic.

 SiS: What is Urban Vibe Chic?  
Sheeba Chastang: Urban Vibe Chic is my platform to let my creativity shine.  I am able to think outside the box and create new products every day.  I originally started out making jewelry and accessories, and over time have expanded my creativity in other areas. I also sell my creative designs on many online sites…like etsy.com and tictail.com.

SiS: Who taught you to crochet? 

Sheeba Chastang: My mother taught me how to crochet when I was eight years hold on my fingers.  I never thought it would lead to something I can’t do without.   

SiS: How long have you been crocheting?

Sheeba ChastangI have been crocheting for over 20 years.  I know it may seem like a lot, but I love crocheting.

SiS: What inspires you?

Sheeba ChastangWhen it comes to being inspired by someone or something, I would have to say… myself.  I create what I like to see in fashion and accessories and I go from there.

SiS: What else do you create?
Sheeba Chastang: I create various styles of jewelry, which includes African print jewelry and accessories.  I also make candles, body oils, lotions, body butters, lip balms, hair oils, bath salts, and so much more.

SiS: What do you do to relax?
Sheeba ChastangWhen I want to relax I create something.  I really love working with my hands.
Picture
Picture
 SiS: Who would be your ideal celebrity to create something for? What would it be and why? Sheeba Chastang: I would love to design and create something for R&B singer, Brandy Norwood.  I think I would create jewelry and accessories for her…like a hat and scarf set.  I have loved Brandy and her music since I was 13 years old.  The reason I would create jewelry and a hat and scarf set is because, Brandy is really down to earth, chic and has a very unique style.  When she is not working, her style is really easy going.  She’s just amazing and I look up to her.


 SiS: What is stylish to you?
Sheeba Chastang: I like any style that is easy to make your own.  One of the reasons I created Urban Vibe Chic was to have the freedom to create my own style and put a twist on classic fashion pieces.

SiS: Name one thing you CAN'T live without and why?
Sheeba Chastang: I cannot live without the different types of yarn and colors.

SiS: What is the best advice you could give to another SiS wanting to pursue her passion?
Sheeba Chastang: Always believe in your work and create what you love.  There will be people who don’t like what you are doing and will think you are wasting your time.  They will tell you to give up and do something else.  Some people will try to down play your work to back themselves look better.  However, know that no matter what…never give up on the gift that God has blessed you with.  There is someone out there that will love what you do, as much as you do.  There maybe someone out there looking up to you and your hard work.

Rapid fire questions are one word answers. Just pick which words best describes you. For example…pink or blue? Blue

SiS: Los Angeles or New York?
Sheeba Chastang: New York

SiS: Lipstick or eye shadow?
Sheeba Chastang: Eye Shadow

SiS: Tamar or Toni Braxton?
Sheeba ChastangToni

SiS: Walks in the park or candle light dinner?
Sheeba Chastang: Walk in the park

SiS: Boxers or briefs?
Sheeba Chastang: Briefs 
Picture
Sheeba,
You are amazing, fabulous, and creative…down right stylish!!!  Thank you so much for your willingness to be the feature SisStar on Sisters in Style Blog.

Xoxoxoxoxox, SiS
Picture
*Instagram: @urbanvibechic 
*Twitter: urban_vibe_inc



*Don't forget to like Sisters in Style on Facebook for updates and prizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment